Research Scientist Intern
We are looking for Research Scientist Interns to #JoinTheBand and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. You’ll focused on how people, data and machines talk to each other about music, with applications in speech, NLU and music recommendations. Located in our Boston office.
What you’ll do:
- You will apply your scientific knowledge and research skills to design studies into people’s reactions to Machine Learning-based interactions.
- You will design and plan studies, analyze product engagement data, and gather large-scale NLU data sets that cover those aspects you establish as impactful on people’s experience.
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, user researchers, analysts and engineers across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will work on projects that cut across Spotify’s organization, including areas such as product, marketing, and content.
- You will have product impact, while working on and further develop a long-term research roadmap.
Who you are:
- You have a PhD in human-computer interaction, psychology, NLU, statistics, IR/search/agents, data science or related area.
- You have publications in communities such as WWW, CHI, UbiComp, SIGIR, Interspeech, HRI, CSCW, RecSys, or related.
- You are intrigued by how interaction design, data collection strategies, and people’s perceptions affect Machine Learning outcomes.
- You have a demonstrated interest in speech/natural language, personalized recommendations, crowdsourcing, diversity in AI – and music.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
- You have experience with the complexities of real-world data, and understand the value of both in-depth, qualitative and web-scale, quantitative data working together to create a deep understanding of people’s interaction with technology.
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2018 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – Late February, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – March/April, 2018: Offers given out
- June/July, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.