The Creator Technology Research Lab team conducts research to designing tools to help artists create music using the latest Artificial Intelligence techniques, as well as the huge data sets available at Spotify. The team has a strong background in AI-assisted music composition, and has already produced tools to help artists compose successful commercial music.
Do you have a passion for creating innovative solutions to difficult research problems? Would you like to apply your research to impact the way artists make music? Would you like to be part of an energetic team working at the cutting edge of machine learning and generative modelling?
We’re looking for a Research Scientist to join the team focused on designing, testing and implementing music generating algorithms that can be used productively by artists.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be joining a highly skilled, cross-functional team of talented researchers, engineers and musicians.
- You’ll apply your scientific training typically to design and test algorithms that analyze large music data sets, and to train machine learning models that learn composition styles and patterns.
- You’ll work in collaboration with other researchers, data scientists and engineers across Spotify.
- You’ll work independently to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You’ll produce a wide range of results, from working prototypes to scientific papers and patents.
- You’ll share knowledge and mix with some of the best engineers and researchers in the business.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to hack on what you want during our regular hack weeks.
Who you are
- You have (or are soon to complete) a PhD in mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, or a closely related field.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about solving complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
- You have experience with a wide range of generative, probabilistic machine learning techniques.
- You are fluent in Python and you can build prototypes that artists can use to create music, updating your design through short cycle interactions.
- You have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think both quantitatively and strategically.
- You are enthusiastic about learning new techniques and technologies.
You will be working from our awesome office in central Paris. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in France.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.