What you’ll do
- You will apply your scientific knowledge and research skills to design studies into people’s reactions to Machine Learning-based interactions.
- You will design and plan studies, analyze product engagement data, and gather large-scale NLU data sets that cover those aspects you establish as impactful on people’s experience.
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, user researchers, analysts and engineers across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will work on projects that cut across Spotify’s organization, including areas such as product, marketing, and content.
- You will have product impact, while working on and further develop a long-term research roadmap.
- You will work from our office in Boston, MA, with collaborations with our teams in SF, NY and Stockholm.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in human-computer interaction, psychology, NLU, statistics, IR/search/agents, data science or related area.
- You have publications in communities such as WWW, CHI, UbiComp, SIGIR, Interspeech, HRI, CSCW, RecSys, or related.
- You are intrigued by how interaction design, data collection strategies, and people’s perceptions affect Machine Learning outcomes.
- You have a demonstrated interest in speech/natural language, personalized recommendations, crowdsourcing, diversity in AI – and music.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
- You have experience with the complexities of real-world data, and understand the value of both in-depth, qualitative and web-scale, quantitative data working together to create a deep understanding of people’s interaction with technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.