Spotify is looking for Research Scientists to join our Content Platform Research organization. Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
Content Platform is a central enabler for Spotify; together, our teams ensure that Spotify has a complete, available and enriched catalogue of music, podcasts, videos and more. We provide the insights that enable a differentiated understanding of artists and their content, attributes, and relationships. We ensure that we can effectively moderate and control our catalogue to provide a safe and trusted experience for consumers and artists, and to keep our system free of infringement.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team passionate about ensuring that the foundations of Spotify technologies are state of the art. Our team has strong internal ties to product groups as well as ties to the wider research community by publishing papers, attending conferences, and engaging with academic partners in which you will also contribute.
What you’ll do:
- You will participate in cutting-edge research in one of Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Information Retrieval, or a similar field.
- You will apply your scientific skills to identify problems, generate hypotheses, and conduct experiments and analyses to validate your hypotheses. You will also help to develop standard methodologies for conducting scientific research in the organization.
- You will work on practical applications towards understanding and controlling Spotify’s catalogue, for example, entity resolution or content classification.
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, engineers, product managers, designers, user researchers, and analysts across Spotify to craft creative solutions based on scientific principles to ambitious problems.
- You will have direct impact on the products, tools and services that Content Platform builds.
- External engagement such as publishing, giving talks, and attending top conferences is encouraged.
Who you are:
- You have a PhD or comparable experience in either statistics, applied mathematics, machine learning, computer science, engineering, or related areas.
- You have a solid understanding of statistics, data modelling, machine learning, optimization techniques, or information retrieval.
- You possess proven hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing and modeling of real data.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into sophisticated problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.