We’re looking for a rockstar to join the band! More specifically, a Research Manager to drive sales research at Spotify. This role will be an integral part of the Advertiser Research & Measurement team – uncovering audience insights from 3rd party research tools, custom research and analytics to support Spotify’s sales business.
This position requires an analytical and strategic mind that is able to work with varied sources of data and provide insights. Successful candidates will have sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style.
What You’ll Do
- Act as in house sales research expert, supporting and informing pre and post sales research requests and proactively sharing insights with broader teams
- Extract insights from large and diversified data/results, provide hypotheses, and use insights to answer sales, marketing, and business development questions
- Use innovative tools to go beyond syndicated research reporting, answering questions in new and bigger ways with surprising insights that are differentiated from competitors
- Manage the custom research survey process from conceptualization, methodology and vendor selection, execution, data interpretation and presentation
- Provide market intelligence data (industry and ad spend trends) to sales and marketing teams
- Uncover insights about general consumer behaviors and trends to answer strategic questions
- Collaborate with custom thought leadership, ad effectiveness, and analytics teams to build compelling, multi-source, research stories that educate our sellers, marketers and clients
- Thoroughly understand appropriate uses, limitations, and issues inherent in using acquired third-party information sources
- Have a strong POV on validity of data sources and ensure that all insights are consistent and methodologically sound
- We’re an ever-evolving team – responsibilities may shift over time and there is a huge opportunity to drive impact within Spotify!
Who You Are
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in a quantitative field of study including business, statistics, math, economics or a related discipline. MBA degree desired.
- 4-7 years of experience in sales research – at a research vendor, media owner, advertiser or agency partner
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Extensive experience in data analysis and storytelling, going beyond the “what” to tell the “why” within research results
- Strong understanding of the digital and radio media and advertising landscapes
- Experience working with 3rd party research tools including comScore, Nielsen, Kantar, eMarketer, MRI, and Social Analytics tools
- Knowledge of current digital media measurement standards, methodologies, and best practices through organizations such as the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and Advertising Research Foundation (ARF)
- A positive and collaborative team player who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Global research experience is a plus
- Skills in big data tools like R, Python or SQL are a plus
- Experience with custom survey programming and data analysis software desired