We’re looking for a rockstar to join the band! More specifically, a Research Manager to drive innovation and onboard new capabilities within our ad measurement suite. This role will be an integral part of the Advertiser Research & Measurement team and overall Marketing Sciences organization – driving our value proposition to agencies and brands by demonstrating the power and performance of Spotify as a media platform.
What You’ll Do
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, and Product to evaluate and onboard new measurement partners and capabilities based on industry needs
- Lead vendor relationships and implementation processes
- Execute research leveraging new measurement solutions – working across all areas of research: survey design, project management, data integrity and fieldwork supervision, data analysis, storytelling, report creation and presentation and troubleshooting
- Contribute to Spotify’s POV regarding new/current measurement solutions, and educate our Sales and Marketing teams accordingly
- Provide critical industry expertise – staying ahead of industry trends, methodologies, and 3rd party partnerships, adjusting Spotify’s measurement product roadmap accordingly
- Track the performance and impact of measurement capabilities, making product optimization and partnership recommendations
- Partner with internal stakeholders and clients regarding training and product consultation as needed
- As this is a newer team, your primary responsibilities will likely evolve over time and there is a huge opportunity to drive impact within Spotify
Who You Are
- 5-8 years in advertising research – at a research vendor, media owner, client or agency partner – with at least 4 of those years working in digital advertising
- A successful track record of evaluating and onboarding digital measurement solutions and products from beginning to end
- Experience working with Product teams to bring new products and capabilities to life at a technology company
- Strong background in quantitative advertising research, with solid skills in designing and analyzing complex research studies
- Extensive experience in data analysis and storytelling, going beyond the “what” to tell the “why” within research results
- Hands-on and inherently curious, and go above and beyond if you find data taking you in interesting and/or unexpected places
- Extensive experience with vendors in these three measurement areas:
- Reach: viewability, on-target percentage, etc.
- Resonance: brand awareness, consideration, intent, etc.
- Reaction: attribution, sales lift, online-to-online, foot traffic, etc.
- An extremely strong knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem, measurement capability landscape, and how it all works from a technical perspective
- Broad knowledge of measurement solutions, spanning CPG, Auto, Entertainment, Retail, Tech, etc.
- A positive and collaborative team player who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Global research experience is a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.