Spotify is the world’s most popular music streaming service. Spotify has fundamentally altered the way consumers and artists interact with music, offering a platform through which users can discover, manage and share over 35 million songs, as well as curated radio stations and approximately 2 billion playlists built by Spotify’s in-house teams, or contributors from their global community. The company offers a freemium model and currently has circa 170 million users worldwide, with 75 million of these being paid users who subscribe to the Premium model (which is ad-free, offers unlimited track selections and offline play). Subscriptions remain the main source of revenue, in addition to third party advertisers, which pay Spotify for exposure to consumers using the free service.
Spotify was founded ten years ago in Stockholm by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon, co-founder of TradeDoubler, with the aim of creating a credible alternative to internet piracy that would get consumers paying for music again. By allowing users to sample a range of tracks without committing to purchasing an album, Spotify has reinvigorated the industry and transformed music consumption into an on-demand and affordable activity. Spotify is the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.
The Global Business Protection team supports and provides service to all lines of business in a tailored and thoughtful manner taking into account the unique culture and mission of Spotify. The team protects the company, the people and the reputation of Spotify on a daily basis by remaining agile and aligned to the core business functions and the Lead Team.
The Global Workplace Services (GWS) team is looking for a Regional Business Protection Manager (RBPM) for APAC. Reporting into the Head of Facilities APAC, and based in Singapore, you will be responsible for driving the Business Protection team’s mission in the region, and incorporate security and safety in our culture of collaboration, sincerity, innovation, passion and playfulness. You will be a trusted partner to our business and provide information for them to make critical decisions.
What you will do
- Implement and adapt Global Business Protection strategies across APAC, covering physical and technical security, executive protection, sensitive investigations, crisis management and business continuity, incident management, travel security, major events security, and EHS programs
- Collaborate with Facilities Operations and HR to ensure success of security programs rollout
- Partner with cross-functional teams and other business units to address security, and develop unique security programs that are compliant with internal and external regulations requirements
- Perform regular security risk and threat assessments and ensure appropriate mitigation measures are put in place
- Develop access control plans for offices across APAC
- Implement guard services for monitoring and response in across APAC
- Build trusted relationships with stakeholders to generate buy-in for ongoing development of operational security programs
- Lead and manage security projects for new office builds and improvement works
- Manage overall security budget for APAC
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8-10 years of experience managing corporate security operations within a multi-national corporation in a regional capacity
- Experience working in high tech industry preferred
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Ability to take the lead in an unsupervised environment
- Travel is required
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.