About the Podcaster mission
Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans and artists, and now podcasters. It’s always been our mission to make audio more accessible, and create a new and wonderful way for creators and fans to connect with each other.
The Podcaster Mission is the team within Spotify responsible for building the best tools for podcast creators. We have two platforms that help us do that: Anchor (the platform that allows you to create, distribute, monetize, and grow a podcast, all for free) and Spotify for Podcasters (the platform that makes it easy to understand and engage with your listeners on Spotify).
We’ve done a lot already, and we have no plans of slowing down. Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you’ll do
- Construct product features and templates from designs
- Develop and maintain a fast, bug-free, and reusable library of web components written with React
- Work with other team members to run A/B tests and optimize website conversion
- Collaborate directly with other front- and back-end developers
- Ensure cross-browser and multi-platform compatibility
- Assist marketing and product teams with frontend requests
Who you are
- You have 4+ years in React development
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a passion for great, responsive web design
- You have demonstrable experience building frontend React components
- You have the ability to try things and iterate very quickly
- You have an eagerness to learn
- You are a persistent/determined work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- You are comfortable balancing personal tastes/preferences with business needs, and always willing to prioritize whatever is needed to move the business forward
- You have the ability to work autonomously, but also know when to ask for help
- You have an eye for design
- You are interested in podcasts, radio, or audio in general
- You work well with cross-functional teams
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.