About the Podcaster mission
We’re democratizing audio by making it possible for anyone, anywhere, to get their voice heard. The Podcaster team is:
– Building the biggest podcasting platform in the world. The Anchor platform now powers more podcasts than any other platform, and over 40% of all new podcasts created in the world!
– Giving any podcaster the opportunity to make money from their show
– Loved and adored: see what our users say
– An independent division within Spotify, so we have the ability to move fast combined with the resources of the world’s most forward-thinking audio company.
Come help us build the future of podcasting!
If you want to jumpstart the process of talking to us about this role, here’s a little challenge: write a program that outputs the largest unique set of characters that can be removed from this paragraph without letting its length drop below 50.
For example: [‘H’, ‘i’, ‘!’, ‘ ’]
What you’ll do
- Construct product features and templates from designs
- Develop and maintain a fast, bug-free, and reusable library of web components written with React
- Work with other team members to run A/B tests and optimize website conversion
- Collaborate directly with other front- and back-end developers
- Ensure cross-browser and multi-platform compatibility
- Assist marketing and product teams with frontend requests
Who you are
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a passion for great, responsive web design
- You have demonstrable experience building frontend React components
- You have the ability to try things and iterate very quickly
- You have an eagerness to learn
- You are a persistent/determined work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- You are comfortable balancing personal tastes/preferences with business needs, and always willing to prioritize whatever is needed to move the business forward
- You have the ability to work autonomously, but also know when to ask for help
- You have an eye for design
- You are interested in podcasts, radio, or audio in general
- You work well with cross-functional teams
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.