The Quality Coach is a quality evangelist and mentor whose goal is to educate and create self sufficient development teams that can deliver high quality features at a high velocity.
We at Spotify have built the leading platform through which users experience the work of artists, and we’re passionately creating products and services that enable those artists to thrive. We understand the value we get from their work, on all levels, and our team is running and building products that show them just how much.As a member in one of our development teams you understand that testing and improving quality is not just about finding bugs or reporting pass rates for test cases. It is about identifying and communicating risks before Development even begins, outlining strong acceptance criteria with your team, and establishing strong engineering practices which promote fast paced development and allow for working in a CD environment.
What you’ll do
- Coach and guide our development teams to deliver a world class product with high quality.
- Make sure quality and testing is part of the development work from day one.
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve our quality and testing approach.
- Promote an environment in which the team creates well-defined stories with testable acceptance criteria.
- Help maintain visualizations of quality.
- Drive team to perform testing at the earliest possible stages of development.
- Be heavily involved in planning sessions.
- Teach Developers how to become better testers.
- Establish a strong relationship with the release teams to ensure blocking issues are resolved.
Who you are
- Love coaching others.
- Always looking to improve existing procedures in an agile environment.
- Having a few years of work experience in software development with some of those testing at a company with a product as complex as Spotify’s.
- Having an agile mindset, fast to adapt to constant changes and feeling comfortable with it.
- Focused on what is most important at all times, realizing when to change the game plan and when to stick to it.
- Great communication skills, both within and outside the team.
- Passionate about Exploratory testing.
- Curiosity in understanding the system architecture.
- Have demonstrated ownership of continuous improvement initiatives around quality.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.