We are seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our licensing team in New York to assist our Global Head of Publishing Operations with managing the implementation of our global music publishing licensing agreements. This role will be responsible for managing technical operations globally. This role will require cross-functional work and a deep understanding of the global publishing landscape including data and technology.
What you’ll do:
- Meet regularly with music publishers’ and collection societies’ technical operations teams to resolve reporting issues as they arise and work with licensors to improve metadata and file delivery workflows.
- Come up with creative solutions in situations where licensors have little to no technical capabilities.
- Build workflows that support Spotify’s publishing strategy.
- Operationalize music publishing agreements across Spotify.
- Continuously troubleshoot with licensors to analyze data, prioritize bugs/issues and influence roadmaps.
- Act as a trusted Spotify resource for technical operations teams at licensors.
- Identify industry trends and new technologies that impact publishing operations. Prioritize trends and new technologies’ impact on internal roadmaps. Recommend new vendors to work with.
- Work closely with Spotify’s accounting, data and reporting teams to ensure and enforce best practices on matching, reporting systems, royalty flows and data transparency.
- Translate intricate deal terms into actions. Work with deal team to scope out new requirements in a way that is efficient for both parties.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in operations functions at a music publisher, digital music service, record label or collecting society. Experience with claiming is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of the global publishing space and an understanding of regional differences.
- Understanding of copyright policies, publishing metadata and data formats such as CCID, DSRF and CWR.
- The ability to build and maintain good relations internally and externally in the industry – a talent for connecting with people is key.
- A self-starter/driver.
- Relevant experience with and understanding of the tech and media sectors, preferably relating to music.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex issues into executive summaries.
- The ability to adapt quickly. The industry is changing fast and it is critical to be able to adapt to new market conditions and circumstances.
- A willingness to travel.
- Well-organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a huge music fan and a daily Spotify user.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.