We’re seeking to recruit an exceptional Project Manager candidate to join our Publisher Licensing team in New York to assist our Lead Project Manager in Publishing Operations with managing the implementation of our global music publishing licensing projects. This role will be responsible for project managing the implementation of new publishing data and royalty systems. Success in this role requires a strong commitment to teamwork, sound project management skills and the ability to foster team and cross functional stakeholder relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Drive scope development, objectives and plans for any new discovery work with outside vendors or internal builds.
- Coordinate, schedule and run all project activities including deep dive sessions and stakeholder debriefs.
- Capture and validate all project requirements with key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop and socialize project scope, roadmap and plans with cross-functional stakeholder leadership.
- Identify project issues, risks, dependencies and gaps.
- Create well thought-out options for senior leaders to respond to when issues arise.
- Ensure all teams are continuously adhering to project milestones and timelines.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or Masters Degree in technology preferred.
- 3-6 years of experience in operations functions. Consulting or finance industry experience a plus.
- Experience with music industry and/or music claiming is a plus.
- Experience providing project support to technology implementations and/or business process change initiatives
- Relevant experience working with pertinent metadata, databases, processes, and technologies to deliver to project objectives
- The ability to build and maintain good relations internally and externally in the industry – a talent for connecting with people is key.
- A self-starter/driver.
- Well-organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Relevant experience with and understanding of the tech and/or media sectors, preferably relating to music.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to synthesize complex issues into executive summaries.
- The ability to adapt quickly. The industry is changing fast and it is critical to be able to adapt to new market conditions and circumstances.
- PMP preferred but not required.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a huge music fan and a daily Spotify user.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.