Spotify is seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our licensing team in New York to assist our Global Head of Publishing Operations with managing the implementation of Spotify’s global music publishing licensing agreements. This role will be responsible for managing the operational relationships in Europe and other territories. This role will require cross-functional work and a deep understanding of the global publishing landscape including data and technology.
What you’ll do:
- Operationalize music publishing agreements across Spotify. Ensure all ongoing data exchanges (e.g. usage files, claim reports, invoices, etc.) are complete.
- Meet regularly with music publishers’ and collection societies’ operations teams to resolve reporting issues as they arise and work with licensors to improve data exchange and reporting efficiency.
- Maintain a tracker for operational status across all ex-U.S. licensors. Clearly communicate issues to internal Spotify stakeholders (finance, reporting, and data analytics teams) in the form of memos, analysis and slide decks as appropriate.
- Act as a trusted Spotify resource for operations teams at licensors.
- Translate intricate deal terms into actions. Ensure Spotify and Licensor are complying with deals. Work with deal team to scope out new requirements in a way that is efficient for both parties.
- Highlight gaps in reporting, technical issues or other concerns to senior leaders.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in operations functions at a music publisher, digital music service, record label or collecting society. Experience with claiming is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of the global publishing space and an understanding of regional differences.
- Expert knowledge of and fluent in pertinent metadata, databases, processes, technologies and the challenges ahead.
- The ability to build and maintain good relations internally and externally in the industry – a talent for connecting with people is key.
- A self-starter/driver.
- Relevant experience with and understanding of the tech and media sectors, preferably relating to music.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and explain financial models. Able to synthesize complex issues into executive summaries.
- The ability to adapt quickly. The industry is changing fast and it is critical to be able to adapt to new market conditions and circumstances.
- A willingness to travel.
- Well-organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a huge music fan and a daily Spotify user.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.