Are you an experienced Programmatic Leader that wants to help shape the future of audio streaming? At Spotify, we’re focused on revolutionizing the music industry and providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover the music, podcasts and videos they love. As our platform and the interactive media ecosystem continues to expand, we are looking to increase our usage of automation strategies to deliver world class advertising experiences for our clients.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing sales team with one of the most recognizable brands in the music industry. We are looking for an extraordinary Head of Automation Italy to join our band in Milan. We want someone who is passionate about the Spotify platform and knows how to negotiate the value of programmatic ad solutions. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a consistent record of driving revenue and building relationships across agency, clients directly and programmatic partners.
We are quite specific about our company culture and look to hire people who are confident without ever being arrogant, work hard and hold themselves and others accountable. Above all, we are a team who likes to have fun, has a desire to be creative and to make a positive impact on the music industry as a whole.
This role is not to be the ‘technical expert’ rather make sure that everyone within the broader sales organisation becomes programmatically capable. As such you need to have the necessary skills to explain complex technical elements of today’s rapidly evolving programmatic landscape including the capabilities around people based marketing and ID centered advertising solutions.
What you’ll do:
- You will uncover the needs of Spotify’s advertising customers’ by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, clients directly and all other relevant demand sources
- Articulate and differentiate Spotify’s programmatic offering in the marketplace in order to grow advertising revenues
- Demonstrate a highly consultative approach designed to ensure that clients and agencies receive the highest level of customer support
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities and dedicatedly drive programmatic business development
- Work cross-functionally internally and externally to ensure our programmatic go-to-market strategy is providing the most amount of value for our customers
- Coordinate with the communications planning team, strategic planners, account directors, and buyers to create impactful programmatic ad campaigns
- Educate and inspire our clients to use Spotify’s suite of programmatic advertising solutions
- Represent Spotify at programmatic specific events to serve as a brand ambassador
- Act as a leader, coach and advocate of the Spotify PACT Sales program (Passionate, Accountable, Creative and Team Based)
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of experience in a digital sales management, with a minimum 2 years in a programmatic sales role
- You have an approach to selling that will allow you to position the Spotify brand to our customers in a meaningful, differentiated way
- You have a deep understanding of the interactive media ecosystem and trends around programmatic
- You hold strong relationships across the digital and programmatic community and able to raise the profile of Spotify amongst key programmatic teams
- You have a solid working knowledge of programmatic measurement tools, ad verification partners, 3rd party data providers & technologies
- Strong experience of digital advertising and monetization with an understanding of video, audio, and display formats
- Experience of managing different internal partners across product, marketing, finance and sales teams
- Great organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work effectively with deadlines
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven, creative energetic and passionate
- You have a desire to learn and grow within the role
- You strategically use data and insights to inform client investment strategy
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.