Are you an experienced Programmatic Leader that wants to help shape the future of audio streaming? At Spotify, we’re focused on revolutionising the music industry and providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover the music, podcasts and videos they love. As our platform and the interactive media ecosystem continues to expand, we are looking to increase our usage of automation strategies to deliver world class advertising experiences for our clients.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing sales team with one of the most recognisable brands in the music industry. We are looking for an extraordinary Head of Automation UK to join our band in London. We want someone who is passionate about the Spotify platform and knows how to negotiate the value of programmatic ad solutions. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a consistent record of driving revenue and building relationships across agency, clients directly and programmatic partners.
We are quite specific about our company culture and look to hire people who are confident without ever being arrogant, work hard and hold themselves and others accountable. Above all, we are a team who likes to have fun, has a desire to be creative and to make a positive impact on the music industry as a whole.
This role is not to be the ‘technical expert’ rather make sure that everyone within the broader sales organisation becomes programmatically capable. As such you need to have the necessary skills to explain complex technical elements of today’s rapidly evolving programmatic landscape including the capabilities around people based marketing and ID centered advertising solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Own the country level programmatic revenue target deploying a sales and marketing strategy to deliver and exceed this
- Grow programmatic advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with agencies, their trading desks, independent trading desks, DSPs and clients’ in-house trading teams directly
- Be the programmatic expert and evangelist in the sales organization, acting as a leader, coach and advocate of programmatic and being the go to person for industry trends and insights
- Sit on the UK management team providing leadership and guidance on programmatic within the broader context of Spotify’s advertising business
- Work collaboratively with our sales leadership to identify strategic opportunities, support trading conversation and give guidance on in month and in quarter revenue performance
- Drive quarterly business reviews with core agencies and brands as well as technology partners focused on deepening relationships and establishing priority areas of focus
- Articulate and differentiate Spotify’s programmatic offering in the marketplace
- Demonstrate a highly consultative approach designed to educate and inspire our clients to use Spotify’s suite of programmatic advertising solutions
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities and drive programmatic business development
- Work with internal Spotify yield teams and SSP partners to maximise yield from PMPs, PG and OMP sources.
- Represent Spotify at programmatic specific events, conferences and on panels serving as a brand ambassador
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of experience in a digital sales management, with a minimum 3 years in a programmatic commercial role
- You have an approach to selling that will allow you to position the Spotify brand to our customers in a meaningful, differentiated way
- You have a deep understanding of the interactive media ecosystem and trends around programmatic
- You hold strong relationships across the digital and programmatic community and are able to raise the profile of Spotify amongst key programmatic teams
- You have a solid working knowledge of programmatic measurement tools, ad verification partners, 3rd party data providers & technologies
- Strong experience of digital advertising and publisher monetisation with an understanding of video, audio, and display formats
- Experience of managing different internal partners across product, marketing, finance and sales teams
- Great organisational skills and ability to prioritise and work effectively with deadlines
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven, creative energetic and passionate
- You have a desire to learn and grow within the role
- You strategically use data and insights to inform client investment strategy
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.