This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast growing sales team with one of the most recognizable brands in the music industry. We are looking for an outstanding Programmatic Ad Sales Account Director to join our band in Madrid. This individual will have a proven track record of customer alignment and revenue generation. We want someone who is passionate about the Spotify platform and knows how to negotiate the value of programmatic ad solutions. You should be confident without ever being arrogant, you work hard, you hold yourself and others accountable. Above all, you have fun, you have a desire to be creative and make a positive impact on the music industry as a whole.
What you’ll do
- Uncover the needs of Spotify’s advertising customers’ by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, data partners, and clients directly.
- Articulate and differentiate Spotify’s programmatic offering in the marketplace, in order to grow advertising revenues.
- Work cross-functionally internally and externally to ensure our programmatic go-to-market strategy is providing the most amount of value for our customers.
- Coordinate with the communications planning team, strategic planners, account directors, and buyers to create impactful programmatic ad campaigns.
- Educate and inspire our clients to use Spotify’s suite of programmatic advertising solutions.
- Exceed programmatic advertising revenue goals on a quarterly basis by utilizing the Spotify PACT Sales Strategy.
- Attend weekly and monthly sales meetings as required.
- Represent Spotify at programmatic specific events to serve as a brand ambassador.
- Manage, steward and forecast all sales activity utilizing Salesforce.com
- Work from our office in Madrid
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a programmatic sales role.
- You have an approach to selling that will allow you to position the Spotify brand to our customers in a meaningful, differentiated way.
- You have a deep understanding of the interactive media ecosystem and trends around programmatic best practices, opportunities and challenges.
- You have an understanding of all variations of programmatic publisher products, (programmatic guaranteed, header bidding, etc), DSP technology and media buying.
- You have the ability to be creative with audio and programmatic client solutions, such as programmatic measurement tools, ad verification partners, etc.
- You have a strong business acumen with extraordinary negotiation skills and the ability to present effectively.
- You have the ability to build a pipeline and proven track record of exceeding goals.
- You are a team player, smart, adapt well with change and have a positive attitude
- You have have experience collaborating and supporting internal sales and operational teams on programmatic sales efforts.
- You strategically use data and insights to inform client investment strategy.
- You are inherently inquisitive and have the ability to educate yourself on the competitive landscape.
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
* Please submit all resumes in English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.