The Spotify experience doesn’t begin and end with our users. It’s built from within by our People team. We exist to help shape our bandmates’ careers for the better, fostering a culture where everyone can be their true selves at work. From bringing in the best talent to building the best work place, we provide the kind of beat everyone can perform to. Join our band and help make it even better.
Program Management is a relatively new discipline for Spotify, but as the company has grown and programs expand across many functions and departments, this role has become critical in order to execute against our highest priority initiatives successfully.
What you’ll do
- As a Program Manager (PM) you will be responsible for driving the execution of our most strategic initiatives, our company bets. Company Bets are large-scale cross functional and company wide initiatives that we believe will have a significant impact on the business within a short to medium term timeline. Company Bets are very broad and require generalists who are confident and capable of handling programs with varying technical, business, financial, product and legal ramifications. This particular role differs from a traditional PM role in that you will not be working with a dedicated project team, but rather ensure that necessary deliverables for your particular initiatives are worked into the plans of affected teams.
- We expect end-to-end oversight and management and need people who are self-motivated, independent, and proactive. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines. Due to the fast paced nature and time zone overlap, you must be able to quickly (realtime) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure.
- In order to be successful in this role, you should be able to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves and get the work done attitude is a must. Your strength should lie in seeing the holistic perspective, see how all the moving parts should tie together, and systemize it into a functioning program.
Who you are
- 6+ years Project/Program Management experience, (international and/or tech a plus)
- You are truly a “do-er”, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the program move forward.
- Extensive experience working in a cross-functional environment with design, development, research and analytics.
- Demonstrated track record of self motivated performance and perseverance.
- Comfortable balancing multiple concurrent projects in an agile, fast paced and international environment.
- Flexible mindset and willing to find new ways to deliver on your goals in case you get stuck.
- Extremely structured, organized and have great attention to detail.
- Proven track record of influencing and delivering without formal authority.
- Comfortable liaising with individual contributors, members of c suite and vendors.
- Extremely skilled at communication in English, both oral and written.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.