We are looking for a passionate, tech-savvy program manager to join our technology vendor management office (VMO). The Technology VMO works to achieve the mission of enabling engineers to make the best use of their resources through strategic partnerships, financial insights, and market awareness. At Spotify, we partner with strategic vendors to accelerate our ability to provide streaming music services to over 200 million monthly active users worldwide. Our Technology VMO builds mutually beneficial relationships with these partners, to provide Spotify better access to technology and enable our partners to make better products.
As a member of Technology VMO Program Management team, you will manage interaction with the strategic infrastructure partners that power the underlying platform of Spotify. You will have the opportunity to work at multiple levels: directly coordinating executive to executive relationships while also leading a portfolio of programs that coordinate engineer-to-engineer collaboration across multiple technology disciplines – compute, storage, database, machine learning, observability, orchestration, developer tools, management tools, FinOps, and more.
As a Program Manager you will be a point of contact for our technology platform strategy, leading interactions and knowledge sharing with leading infrastructure vendors, giving you a front seat in the current evolution of the cloud-native marketplace. You will be involved across the entire lifecycle of these relationships. From strategy to sourcing, prioritization, governance, and, finally, public celebration of joint successes.
What you’ll do
- Stay informed of market trends and technology innovations while assisting other Spotify R&D leaders with evaluation of new technology from infrastructure partners
- Work collaboratively with the VMO team.
- Build and run the programs responsible for ensuring engineer-to-engineer collaboration in the domains of compute, storage, database, machine learning, observability, orchestration, developer tools, and management tools
- Lead programs responsible for executive-to-executive governance. Collaboration with each major Spotify infrastructure provider with the goal of maintaining healthy partnerships, where both Spotify and our Partners derive value
- Manage service level agreements with vendors, partnering with other Spotify leads to monitor performance, continually optimize value, and address non-compliance with agreements
- Organize regular strategic business reviews with our strategic technology partners to set and update goals in the partnership
- Build strong relationships with other technology companies to jointly advocate for common objectives
Who you are
- You have an understanding of critical technology for internet-based companies; e.g. cloud computing, big data, mobile computing or content delivery
- You have a track record of building effective long-term partner relationships
- Knowledge of trends in the tech industry and the marketplaces for services, including experience with translating trends and needs into compelling strategies
- You are experienced with building accountability mechanisms, holding partners accountable to commitments and resolving issues
- You have experience leading decentralized programs across a diversity of partners
- You have the ability and willingness to find insights from a wide range of inputs
- You thrive in a dynamic, globally distributed environment
- You possess strong interpersonal and consultative skills
Spotify is proud to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something Spotify deeply values and encourages everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.