We are looking for passionate and experienced Program Managers to join Spotify Experience Mission. The Experience Mission is a team of close to 500 awesome people, who defines and drives Spotify consumer products across platforms.
As Program Manager you will work with strategic initiatives across competencies in a business area (Product Area or Tribe).
The role is based in Stockholm, though we have teams in London, NY and Gothenburg as well. You will report to the Experience Mission Program Management Director.
Program Management is a relatively new discipline for Spotify, but as the company has grown and programs expand across many functions and business areas, this role has become critical in order to execute against our priority initiatives successfully.
Description of role
As Program Manager in the Experience Mission, you will represent the work in a business area and help drive alignment on the right initiatives to execute the long-term strategic plan. You will embed in the business area and work in close collaboration with the leadership team.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving the execution of strategic initiatives. These initiatives are often large-scale cross-functional and company-wide that we believe will have a significant impact on the business within a short to medium term timeline.
You will be responsible for enabling and ensuring great collaboration between teams and stakeholders within the Experience Mission and across the company while keeping true to tech, product, design, and insights principles. Your job will be to amplify the effectiveness of cross-disciplinary teams.
We expect end-to-end oversight and management and need people who are self-motivated, independent and dedicated. Your projects often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres, and it is your job to represent work in the business unit and keep all the players coordinated on the work progress and deadlines. Due to the fast-paced nature and time zone overlap, you are able to quickly triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure.
To be successful in this role, you are able to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with partners at multiple levels, including those external to the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves and get the work done attitude. Your strength should lie in seeing the holistic perspective, see how all the moving parts should tie together, and systemize it into a functioning program.
This particular role differs from a traditional PM role in that you will not be working with a dedicated project team, but rather ensure that necessary deliverables for your particular initiatives are worked into the plans of affected teams.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience working in Program Management roles, preferably in consumer focused feature platform teams.
- You have experience running and representing large, cross-functional software projects and can easily communicate strategies, goals, and progress status.
- You are a great communicator and bring clarity to the projects you take on; freeing up lines of communication, identifying and removing blockers, encouraging collaboration, and, most importantly, continuously looking for ways to improve how we work.
- You are the glue of a happy, productive, cross-functional team; making space for the creative work across all disciplines to happen in a transparent, open environment.
- You fight for the right user-centered process to achieve a practical balance of quality and speed.
- You have extensive experience working in a cross-functional environment with design, development, research and analytics.
- You have proven track record of self-motivated performance and perseveranceYou are truly a “do-er”, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the program move forward.
- You are comfortable balancing multiple concurrent projects in an agile, fast paced and international environment.
- You have a flexible mindset and you are willing to find new ways to deliver on your goals in case you get stuck.
- You are extremely structured, organized and have phenomenal attention to detail.
- You have proven track record of influencing and delivering without formal authority.
- You are comfortable liaising with individual contributors, members of C suite and vendors.
- You are deeply skilled at communication in English, both oral and written.
- You want to join a community of Program Managers working in other domains within the company and contribute to the craft and growth of the Program Manager role at Spotify.
What you will do
- You will represent the work in a business area and drive alignment on the right initiatives to execute the long-term strategic plan.
- You will drive and execute on multiple of the business area’s product initiatives.
- You will work with Product Managers inside the business area to help them communicate product strategies to the wider organization.
- You will monitor Mission and company initiatives and understand how the business area that you represent can create mutually beneficial relationships with other areas of our organization while driving forward the business area vision.
- In alignment with the Mission, you will support the business area, craft and sustain forums for product and strategy coordination with various teams around the company that wishes to impact the business area core products.
- In alignment with the Mission, you will analyze the business area participation in company initiatives and establish processes for continuous improvement.
- You will assist in strategic projects and the development of long-term goals.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.