We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Program Manager to join the Creator Marketplace mission — the group at Spotify dedicated to helping artists thrive. Spotify is creating a platform for creativity that brings artists and fans closer together. Creator builds the features and services that help artists (and the teams around them) grow, engage, monetize and understand their fans. The role is based in New York, though we have teams in Stockholm, London and Boston, as well. You will report to the Head of Creator Marketplace Operations.
You will be responsible for enabling and ensuring great collaboration throughout the product development cycle of a core strategic capability area, while keeping true to tech, product & design principles. Your job will be to amplify the effectiveness of this complex, cross-disciplinary team, as well as collaborate with key stakeholders.
Who you are:
- You have at least 8 years working in program management roles, preferably in product teams with a strategic focus.
- You have practical experience with agile and lean values, principles, and techniques.
- You have extensive experience in running Discovery phases and have a toolbox of discovery techniques to help de-risk any large investments in solution building.
- You have experience running large, cross-functional software projects and can easily communicate status at a moment’s notice.
- You are flexible, and use your judgment to apply the model and approach that best fit with the context.
- You confidently and coherently communicate across disciplines and levels within the organization, translating complex ideas for stakeholders in Design, Tech, Product, Data, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- You’re a great communicator and bring clarity to the projects you take on: defining goals and success measures, freeing up lines of communication, identifying and removing blockers, encouraging collaboration, and, most importantly, continuously looking for ways to improve how we work.
- You are the glue of a happy, productive, cross-functional team; making space for the creative work across all disciplines to happen in a transparent, open environment. You fight for the right user-centered process to achieve a practical balance of quality and speed.
What you’ll do:
Working with team leadership, you will help drive and own outcomes for key internal and cross-functional initiatives, in support of the Creator Marketplace mission. You will have a broad array of responsibilities including:
- Program Management (primary responsibility):
- Work closely with the Product Management team to steer the formation of new opportunities and how these move into Discovery phases and then into Delivery. Help with ensuring the appropriate people are involved at each stage of the product lifecycle.
- Facilitate overall roadmap planning: unpack a broad, cross-functional initiative into specific workstreams, help teams define scope, deliverables, and schedules, and coordinate release planning across multiple teams for multiple stakeholders
- Design and facilitate best in class operational processes to track and communicate progress across a program of work, ensure it is on track, facilitate decision-making, resolve blockers and surface challenges.
- Help define & track KPIs to monitor health of the program.
- Help coordinate budget forecasting and tracking, ensure teams are appropriately staffed.
- Coordinate with Insights and User Research teams to ensure product development is data-informed.
- Craft and execute on cross-functional communications strategies for large program teams
- Find creative ways to help our teams connect with our objectives.
- Visualise the important program milestones for the delivery teams so they understand how their work fits into the overall program.
- Help monitor and ensure overall team health.
- Understand and communicate complex engineering issues and ensure they are on a path for resolution
- Coordinate project/program reviews, planning sessions, and other team events, as necessary
- Enable continuous improvement during the project, ensuring learnings are captured, shared, and integrated
- Culture Building
- Outlining the team’s rituals and rhythms: all hands, scrum of scrums, stakeholder meetings.
- Promote a happy, healthy team by organizing team socials and fun events and celebrating all the successes.
- Find interesting ways to spread the education of the team mission and goals both within the team and externally to other teams at Spotify.
- Mission Operations (shared responsibility with the rest of the operations team)
- Collaborate across the Operations team to help drive Mission-wide processes, such as goal-setting, tracking, and broad communications
- Help push the envelope on best-in-class product discovery management, working with leadership to improve the process of vetting new opportunities
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.