We are looking for passionate and experienced Program Manager to join Spotify’s Financial Engineering mission. The Mission is a team of close to 175 product and engineering Spotifiers who define and build the financial platforms and applications that will help accelerate the growth of the Spotify platform. As a Program Manager you will work with strategic initiatives across multiple product areas in the Mission.
The role is based in New York, though we have teams in Stockholm, Sweden. You will report to the Strategy and Operations Lead in the mission.
Description of the Role
As Program Manager in the Financial Engineering Mission, you will help drive alignment on various projects and programs that contribute to the overall execution of a long-term product and business strategy. You will be responsible for enabling and ensuring great collaboration between teams and stakeholders within the mission, working closely with the mission leadership team and product area members to drive large-scale cross-functional and company-wide initiatives.
We expect end-to-end oversight and management and need people who are self-motivated, independent and dedicated. Your projects often span time zones and product areas, and it is your job to keep all the players coordinated on the work progress, commitment and deadlines. To be successful in this role, you are able to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with partners at multiple levels, including those external to the mission. You have a roll-up-your-sleeves and get the work done attitude by default. Your strength should lie in seeing the holistic perspective, see how all the moving parts should tie together, and systemize it into a functioning program.
This particular role differs from a traditional project or program management role in that you will not be working with a dedicated project team, but rather ensure that necessary deliverables for your particular initiatives are worked into the plans of affected teams.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience (6+ years) working in Program Management roles, preferably in consumer focused feature platform teams.
- You have experience running and representing large, cross-functional software projects and can easily communicate strategies, goals, and progress status.
- You are a great communicator and bring clarity to the projects you take on; freeing up lines of communication, identifying and removing blockers, encouraging collaboration, and, most importantly, continuously looking for ways to improve how we work.
- You have proven track record of self-motivated performance and perseverance
- You are truly a “do-er” willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the program move forward.
- You are comfortable balancing multiple concurrent projects in an agile, fast paced environment.
- You have a flexible mindset and you are willing to find new ways to deliver on your goals in case you get stuck.
- You are extremely structured, organized and have phenomenal attention to detail.
- You have proven track record of influencing and delivering without formal authority.
- You are comfortable liaising with individual contributors, members of C suite and vendors.
- Extremely skilled at communication in English, both oral and written.
What you will do
- You will represent the work in a business area and drive alignment on the right initiatives to execute the long-term strategic plan.
- You will drive and execute on multiple of the business area’s product initiatives.
- You will work with Product Managers and Engineering Managers inside the business area to help them communicate product strategies to the wider organization.
- You will monitor Mission and company initiatives and understand how the business area that you represent can create mutually beneficial relationships with other areas of our organization.
- In alignment with the Mission, you will support the business area, craft and sustain forums for product and strategy coordination with various teams around the company that wishes to impact the business area core products.
- You will analyze the business area participation in company initiatives and establish processes for continuous improvement.
- You will assist in strategic projects and the development of long-term goals.