We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Global Workplace Services team (GWS) to manage our project management services for our portfolio in the Americas.
Global Workplace Services focuses on Spotify’s global expansion and supports our rapidly growing music business. We build spaces and services that bring Spotify’s culture and values to life by crafting thoughtful spaces for our employees to thrive and delivering innovative services that make Spotify a great place to work.
In this role you are responsible for ensuring that our workplace builds across the Americas region support business goals and are delivered in an integrated manner within scope, budget and schedule.
Responsibilities include project planning, requirements gathering, budgeting, issuing of commitments and contracts, risk tracking as well as the coordination of related projects. You will work cross-functionally with real estate, facilities operations, IT, procurement, legal, HR and others to ensure projects and associated paperwork is processed within established standards and policies. Project execution are expected to follow process guidelines and risks to scope, budget and schedules are anticipated and reported timely and accurately.
To be great at this role, should have excellent negotiation skills coupled with a track record of project management within a large office / tech and media environment. You should have experience creating and maintaining an inclusive collaborative team environment through their professionalism, solutions-focus, service-orientation, project management skills and high degree of ethical behavior. The ideal candidate is expected to have established respectful and synergistic relationships with design & construction service communities.
What you’ll do
- Manage and supervise region’s Project Management team and projects; oversee multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity. Set clear goals and objectives with team members, collaborate sharing the same project vision and work together to achieve objectives. Oversee task execution, financial and status reporting, and vendor coordination using a robust procedural and governance structure.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders throughout the process.
- Perform due diligence process during site selection. Coordinate project components including project scope definition, program of requirements, vendor proposal review and bid analysis. Manage programming/scheduling and milestones.
- The project lead works directly with Spotify teams and outside vendors and ensures all projects are properly documented and remain within budget. Track and sign off on all financial project reports; invoices.
- Develop and lead project execution plan from inception through completion of project. Review real estate transaction documents and provide relevant input pertaining to technical requirements. Assist with capital expense planning. Work with Procurement to review Architectural Agreements, Construction Agreements and technical vendor agreements in connection with projects.
- Develop RFP and bid processes for existing and new facilities initiatives and services
- Coordinate with facilities teams for completion of all project related activities, including facility operations, IT infrastructure, energy management, customer initiatives facing, environmental sustainability, graphics, communications, etc.. Ensure effective transition all other Workplace teams for occupancy
- Develop strategic initiatives to further refine and improve processes, reporting, and facilities management operations
- Work from our office in New York City
Who you are
- You possess extensive experience working in a Project Management, Design and Construction, Building Operations or Property/Facility Management role, serving as a point of contact for projects in office, tech / media sectors
- Proven track record managing costs with strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Understand construction permitting processes in international markets
- Effective negotiation with subcontractors during the procurement process
- You have managed and executed large-scale projects in excess of 200,000 sq. feet; have built studios or recording environments a plus
- Experience in International project management with emphasis on corporate offices, security, technology, stage/audio studios & operational infrastructure
- You care about organization, with the ability to prioritize and project manage the activities in a dynamic office environment and the simultaneous support activities behind it
- Experience working with complex engineering and architecture teams
- Strong architectural/design background
- You are experienced with RFP development and bid processes, AIA form documents and standard lease clauses pertaining to project development.
- You are an inclusive leader, collaborative, outgoing self-starter, with excellent communication and organizational skills. Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that would be utilized to manage internal/external client and vendor relationships including escalations and conflict resolution
- Tech industry, corporate, consulting, and International experiences are pluses
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.