We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Program Management Director to join Spotify Experience Mission. The Experience Mission is a team of close to 500 awesome people, who defines and drives Spotify’s consumer-facing products across platforms.
We’re seeking a seasoned Program Management Director to establish and lead a team of Program Managers. You’ll be accountable for defining and executing on the vision and strategy of the Program Management Office to support alignment and improve collaboration between the Experience Mission and other parts of the company.
You’ll be based in Stockholm and manage relationships with stakeholders globally. You’ll report to the Experience Mission’s Strategy Operations Director.
PM is a relatively new discipline for Spotify, but as the company has grown and as programs expand across many functions and business areas this role has become critical in order to execute against our priority initiatives successfully.
What you’ll do
- You’ll build out the Experience Mission’s Program Management Office (PMO).
- You’ll define and executive on the vision and strategies for the Mission’s PMO operational processes to support alignment and collaboration of cross-functional teams and stakeholders from multiple parts of a company.
- You’ll drive alignment and collaboration on high impact initiatives across the company to execute on the Mission’s strategy plan. The initiatives are often large-scale, cross-functional, company wide, and often span offices and time zones.
- You’ll represent work in the Experience Mission and collaborate closely with the Mission’s leadership teams to gain deep insights into strategies and goals.
- You’ll lead meetings with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders at all levels that want to impact Spotify consumer facing products.
- You’ll ensure great collaboration between cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels, within the Mission and across the company.
- You’ve extensive experience from inspiring, leading and growing teams of Program Managers, preferably in consumer focused feature platform teams.
- You’ve deep expertise and excel in defining and driving the vision and strategies for the PMO function’s operational processes to support alignment and collaboration of cross-functional teams from multiple parts of a company.
- You’ve broad experience from working in cross-functional environments with engineering, product, design, data science and research.
- You’re great in influencing, building trust and credibility, and you inspire and motivate cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels to achieve goals without having formal authority.
- You’ve extensive experience representing and running large, cross-functional software projects, and can easily communicate strategies, goals, and progress status.
- You’re comfortable balancing multiple concurrent high impact initiative in an agile, fast paced, and international environment.
- You’ve a flexible mindset and are continuously looking for ways to improve how you and your team work.
- You’re a great communicator and are deeply skilled at communication in English, both oral and written.
- You’re self-motivated, independent and dedicated, and willing to get hands-on solving any problems needing help to move forward.
- You’re extremely structured, organized and have phenomenal attention to details.
- You want to join a community of Program Managers working in other domains within the company and contribute to the craft and growth of the Program Manager function at Spotify.
We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Note that the Program Management function at Spotify differs from traditional PM in that we do not work with dedicated project teams, but rather ensure that necessary deliverables for particular initiatives are worked into the plans of affected teams across the company.