Spotify Studios is the team that oversees all relationships, development, and production associated with podcasts, video, and originally recorded music. We are seeking a Production Operations Manager, reporting to the Head of Production Operations, Spotify Studios. This role is based in Los Angeles.
In this role, you will partner closely with your Production Operations counterparts (Project Management, Physical Production, Post Production and Design), as well as various Creative Development teams, to manage Spotify Studios’ operational needs across all Original and Exclusive content. You will serve as a go-to partner for many internal stakeholders, facilitating alignment between teams dedicated to development, production and delivery of content.
What you’ll do
- Manage a high-volume production process that encompasses everything from creative development to delivery of content
- Maintain Studios’ development, production and release schedules – inclusive of all original & exclusive podcasts, video and original music programs – and regularly communicate status to stakeholders and visibility partners
- Act as key point of contact on behalf of the Production Operations team in cross functional interactions with Artist & Label Services, Legal, Licensing, Marketing, Sales and others
- Manage day-to-day escalations and troubleshooting of production and post-production issues
- Assist with Production Operations team hiring, contractor bookings and on-boarding for all new team members
- Oversee adoption and implementation of project management and production software
- Use data and post-program analysis to inform production best practices, eliminating inefficiencies throughout our operational workflows
Who you are
- 4-6 years of creative project management and/or creative production experience
- Expert knowledge of content creation workflows, specifically the creative and production processes for video, podcasts and/or music
- High competency and proven track record of project management for high profile global programs
- Experience managing a high volume of projects in parallel with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong understanding of project management and production-related software; knowledge of the following a plus: Airtable, Smartsheet (or similar project planning software), Teamwork or Basecamp, Slack, Frame.io, Reach Engine (or similar media asset management software)
- Ability to work under pressure and with executives and stakeholders both at the corporate and business levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism when interfacing with external partners
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Music and podcast lovers a plus!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.