At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music experience for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently live in more than 60 markets and growing fast.
We’re looking for a passionate, forward-thinking Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to lead our customer and marketing intelligence initiatives. This person will be a part of the Monetization Product Marketing team – a cross-functional group focused on our ads business and dedicated to helping bring free music streaming to fans around the world. This role will be responsible for owning our customer feedback and market needs programs. You are someone who enjoys working with customers directly to understand their needs and at the same time, enjoys taking a data-driven, analytical approach to best strategize on market needs.
You will manage our voice of the customer efforts, uncovering the business challenges of Spotify’s advertising clients. This will include owning always-on initiatives to collect feedback and high-touch client programs such as our customer advisory board. You will also manage competitive intelligence, tracking and analyzing trends in the market. You will combine customer, market, and company insights to develop a 360 degree view of the business and identify market needs. This is a high-impact role and will help set the vision and the strategy for our advertising products.
The role will be based in NYC with occasional travel to our other markets.
What you’ll do
- Manage our customer advisory board and expand it globally — establishing relationships with some of Spotify’s key clients
- Conceive and develop an always-on, closed-loop process to collect customer feedback
- Track, evaluate, and analyze trends in the market, including competitive intelligence
- Take a data-driven approach to identify themes and trends extracted from voice of customer and market needs programs, making recommendations that support the growth of Spotify’s ads business
- Execute, maintain, and manage customer and market intelligence reporting to various levels of management throughout the company
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams on program execution
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of relevant industry experience from numbers driven and analytical environments – ideally at a leading digital media platform
- You’re excited about both setting vision & strategy and also rolling up your sleeves to directly own the day-to-day management of customer and market intelligence programs
- You understand the broader digital advertising ecosystem, and are a subject matter expert on how advertisers and agencies buy and evaluate effectiveness across advertising products
- You’re a strategic thinker, comfortable operating within a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy collaborating with a variety of cross-functional partners
- You have an articulated voice, strong communication skills and can confidently influence internal product teams and senior management
- You have experience presenting to large groups and senior audiences
- You’re passionate about how we can demonstrate the value of using Spotify’s unique ad formats and data to reach the streaming generation
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent; a master’s degree a plus
We believe that everyone should enjoy their job, so we live by a work hard, play hard ethos. Spotify is a positive, fun, high-energy work environment that you’ve always wanted to be part of!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.