We’re looking for a passionate Tech Product Marketing Manager to join Spotify’s Developer Platform team – the responsible for building the technology platform, infrastructure, and tools used to create all technology at Spotify. Our goal is to be one of the ten most influential platforms in the technology industry. You will a key person in making this happen, driving awareness of our platform and its capabilities inside and outside of Spotify.
You will lead our outreach across three key “market” segments: the internal developers of Spotify, the open source software community, and leaders of the tech industry. We will look to you to lead our messaging, evangelization, and outreach efforts make it easier for others to adopt our technology. This role will give you a rare chance to define a global technology platform brand—but doing so from a brand with 170+ million customers and the support of a global team of product managers, user research experts, engineers, and tech leaders.
What you’ll do
- Plan and execute coordinated internal “go-to-market” plans for launches of new platform capabilities, partnering closely with members of our product manager organization
- Develop key messaging and growth plans to drive adoption of our open source solutions across the FOSS community, working closely with our engineers and taking advantage of our industry memberships (in groups like the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Linux Foundation, Coed:Code, etc.).
- Lead outreach initiatives across various channels (blogs, events, public speaking, tech press outreach, etc.) to build knowledge of technology, open source contributions, and our work to improve diversity in tech.
- Collect and distill feedback about our platform, helping us identify trends and unmet needs, craft better value propositions and better please internal and external customers.
Who you are
- Established experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Manager or similar role
- Knowledge and passion about the technology infrastructure marketplace (e.g., cloud computing, B2B, open source, software infrastructure, developer tooling, etc.)
- A track record of collaborating with a variety of cross-functional partners in a dynamic environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and remain focused on customer needs.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. You can work collaboratively and independently, and have experience presenting to large groups and senior audiences
- You have excellent communications skills and are comfortable serving as our editor for sharpening the messaging on our blog posts, tech talks, and other outreach
- You are data driven and can turn insights into actionable growth initiatives
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent; a master’s degree a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.