Spotify lets our users engage throughout a wide variety of home-grown and partner-built applications, delivering flawless music experiences to millions of music lovers wherever they are.
We are looking for a product manager who understands the value and opportunities that web-enabled platforms offer to add new user touchpoints in an expanding Spotify ecosystem. You will lead a team of dedicated engineers to deliver the solid foundation upon which these experiences depend, enabling stakeholders both inside and outside the company to build engaging, valuable user experiences.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides. Spotify offer relocation packages to those not already based in Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Articulate and evolve the Spotify Web SDK team’s vision and mission.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that you and the team provides for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Stay on top of the latest developments in web audio and instrumentation and distill those learnings into solid long-term platform investments.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You are passionate about building exceptional experiences and understand what a great platform that meet these needs looks like.
- You understand the importance of the developer experience to maximise impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
- Demonstrated success building out an API or SDK-based platform as a product.
- A passion for the Spotify as a product and a user experience.
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.