Spotify is building the world’s most personalized audio service. As part of this mission, we’re developing next-generation music & podcast experiences in Voice, and we believe that personalization is crucial to building a Voice experience that is simple and delightful.
We’re looking for a Product Manager for the Voice Recommendations & Personalization team to accelerate our efforts, and expand upon our existing offerings. As Product Manager, you’ll be working to apply Spotify’s machine learning & personalization capabilities throughout the end-user Voice experience on Spotify.
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Every day, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
What You’ll Do
- Understand and articulate users’ evolving needs in Voice, utilizing a combination of user research, data science, and market research
- Work with a cross-functional team from Design, Product Insights, and Engineering to ship personalization capabilities & features that meet Voice users’ needs
- Define metrics and KPIs used to measure the success of the features your team builds
- Prioritize new features based on user need, alignment with the company’s short- and long-term goals, and technical platform scalability
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
- Work from our office in New York, with occasional travel to our Boston and Stockholm offices
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of experience in building and shipping consumer internet products together with teams of designers, engineers and data scientists
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate strong end-user empathy into something tangible that people love
- You have experience applying personalization or recommendation techniques to drive significant business impact
- You’re familiar with iterative development principles and practices, including breaking large product goals into small, achievable slices for early and frequent delivery
- You’re experienced in making hard data-informed decisions through a mix of qualitative and quantitative approaches (user research, A/B experimentation, usability testing, data analysis, competitor and market analysis)
- You are excited about building products in a rapidly-changing landscape and good at sorting out ambiguity
- You understand the importance of, and utilize, a facilitative leadership style
- Optional: you have experience working on Voice assistants
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.