Spotify’s Financial Engineering mission is looking for a Product Manager who will play a key role in building out how Spotify protects its users and artists. You will be joining a R&D group responsible for the creation and evolution of the systems that protect fans and artists and minimise abuse of Spotify products. Our team’s responsibilities are to detect, take action and remove incentives for illegitimate user activity on Spotify.
The role is based in Stockholm, but our team is located both in Stockholm and New York, and you will be able to collaborate closely with New York colleagues of product managers, research & data scientists, threat analysts and engineers.
You’ll work in a team that is dedicated to finding and stopping abusive behaviour at scale. We look at user behaviour, data signals, our relationships with the music industry and our community of users to understand where abuse is happening and design methods to stop it at scale. We use security and domain expertise, statistics, machine learning (ML) and AI, data science and academic research to build our products. Given more than 248 million monthly active users enjoy Spotify, our products and tools also need to be usable and scalable, and integrate seamlessly with the wider Spotify architecture. We have some exciting challenges ahead of us and we’re looking for a talented Product Manager to join the team and help us grow what we are doing.
Your responsibilities will be to identify and shape opportunities and know the balance between developing for scale and empowering teams to explore ambiguous domains. You will be expected to regularly collaborate with product managers, engineers and the business to drive cross-company initiatives. You will have significant impact in shaping multiple aspects of Spotify’s future, as well as building out a core part of the User Fraud product area. You’ll have the opportunity to drive collaboration across Spotify, and should be comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and partners. Experience at audio, social or streaming companies, or an understanding of the security and integrity landscape will be a plus.
What you will do
- Drive deep understanding of user behaviour & identification of opportunities that may reduce abuse.
- Balance research into new threats against development for scale
- Develop end-to-end policies and methodologies to handle abuse
- Develop systems and tools that will enable scale and rapid deployments
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team across multiple locations
- Collaborate across multiple teams to drive forward collaborative initiatives that will unlock further knowledge about abusive behaviour
- Use data & insights to prioritise, prove value and motivate teams
- Contribute to vendor analysis and engagement
- Drive education and reporting across the business
Who you are
- 3+ years experience in product management
- Security / integrity experience, ideally with a major social product, media or technology organisation
- Product management experience with data science / ML
- Experience working with operations teams and with external partners
- Experience working with research-driven teams
- Experience working with data & infrastructure teams
- Knowledge of technical architecture / scalable web applications
- Track record of influencing across organizations and of partnering effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience educating senior leadership
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.