Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Product Manager to join the product team at the Soundtrap hub in Stockholm, Sweden. Soundtrap is on a mission to give millions of creative artists the opportunity to live off their art – by making professional quality creation more accessible and by allowing them to collaborate with other creators to reach further together. We also enable educators to create learning opportunities in the classroom.
In this role you will manage the product strategy and roadmap for the team that owns the development of the Soundtrap studio experience – the very core of the innovative Soundtrap product. You will be instrumental in providing leadership and vision and in guiding Soundtrap towards achieving its mission.
- Manage the product strategy and roadmap for the team that owns the development of Soundtrap’s studio experience, and contribute with leadership and vision
- Work with our team of world class designers and engineers as well as business stakeholders to take the Soundtrap studio experience to the next level
- Collaborate with other product managers, influencing with strategy and insights
- Be responsible for driving decisions and setting scope for objectives for the team to work toward, and for breaking down the work in incremental milestones and releases
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of insights and knowledge gaps for the product area, and an awareness of insights in other product areas
Who you are
Besides having a great passion for our mission, we believe the right person has:
- An obsession with creative apps and user experience
- Several years of experience in product management and/or in the intersection of business, design and creative tech
- Deep knowledge of audio creation workflows in the lives of all types of creators – Perhaps from working with music apps, or other creative apps
- Experience in working with agile, lean UX and other popular methods to drive product development
- A user centric and data driven approach and an ability to analyze and contextualize a multitude of insights to guide prioritization and product strategy
- An ability to influence studies across User Research, Product Insights or Analytics to unlock new insights
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or related creative industries
- A genuine passion for music. No need to be Beethoven, but we’d like to see that you play an instrument and have experience in recording or creating music using a DAW
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.