Our team’s mission is to provide reliable, efficient, and secure storage solutions to all of Spotify. This role seeks a Product Manager to lead a team of engineers in delivering an excellent developer experience by paving the way in the storage space. This includes both advising the organization on key choices that deliver on our mission, and creating a vision for and delivering on a storage platform that supports the scale of Spotify today and tomorrow. It will be your job to define priorities, own the roadmap and manage trade-offs toward upholding our high bar for security, compliance, cost of capacity, and multi-region and multi-zonal reliability.
This role sits in the Infrastructure and Operations team within the Platform department. The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the Storage experience, including the management of our relationship with Cloud providers (chiefly, Google) and helping to guide their future investments. You will be based in our Stockholm office – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive product vision, strategy and metrics, galvanizing teams to follow you
- Work closely with stakeholders across all of Spotify with the goal of making Spotify one of the seamlessly most productive places to work
- Stay on top of the latest developments in the tools and technologies surrounding the storage domain.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure healthy delivery – including capabilities, happiness, resilience, and growth.
- Ensure your team is doing the right things, while not being spread too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are experienced with product management and maintain a deep knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You understand the importance of the developer experience to maximise impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You have excellent leadership, communication and relationship building skills.
- You are a curious person that adapts quickly and enjoys a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- You will benefit from having experience from building large-scale infrastructure and the storage domain.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.