We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager to join our tech tech team in the Publishing Royalties space, NYC.
We are around 50 people in the Royalty tech team today located across Stockholm and New York. Our task is to provide a royalty platform to the rest of the organisation and our licensors that handles our mutual contracts, and make sure we pay and report to each and everyone of them in a timely and correct way.
The teams you will guide from a product perspective are responsible for the technical solutions needed to report to and gather input from the Publishing ecosystem (Collecting Societies, Publishers), through which the song and lyrics writers of the world get their compensation. We are on an exciting journey where we are modernising and improving both our own processes and supporting systems as well as pushing change to the wider community, for instance through a new user interface where licensors can interact with us directly.
What you will do
- Help set the long-term vision of how Spotify and the licensor community will interact. This will be done together with other PMs in Creator Marketplace, Finance and Premium Business.
- Work together with our UX Designers to ideate, prototype and iterate on a new user experience for all of our licensors.
- Work with the rest of the tech team and our internal and external stakeholders to figure out faster and simpler processes to get accurate and precise ownership data in a timely manner, to be able to pay the creators of the world fast and fair.
- Work with our Financial stakeholders and Licensing to help them close the books and predict future contractual scenarios in an easy, safe and fast way.
Who you are
- Experienced in defining and driving product strategy as a product manager
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity
- You have a proven track record of developing and managing world-class software products
- Experience of building products with User Interfaces together with UX specialist and designers.
- Experience of developing and maintaining Financial Systems.
- Experienced and knowledge of agile methodologies
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
- You like to travel to Stockholm a 3-4 times per year, but spend most of your time in New York.
- Having experience with Royalties and the music industry will be highly valued and a great asset for success, but is not mandatory.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.