Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
We are looking for a creative Product Manager to join our Paris Content Creation Research Lab (CTRL). Our team expands the state of the art in AI-based technology, which enables intelligent, efficient and intuitive ways to compose, orchestrate or remix music. You will be responsible for driving our tech transfer efforts in a highly dynamic environment, working with and across a variety of engineering squads, and notably the Soundtrap product and design teams.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of our research-to-product strategy and roadmap.
- Craft product requirements based on user research and data, in particular in relation with Soundtrap
- Devise roadmaps to continuously evaluate and prioritize highly innovative product concepts.
- Define a series of robust MVPs and A/B tests to understand how our users will engage with new products.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to continuously de-risk high-value product opportunities from a legal, licensing, marketing and resourcing perspective.
- Meet regularly with researchers to feedback on research goals.
- Work with the director of research to define our ongoing product strategy and impact the direction of features on Spotify.
Who you are
- You have experience working as a product manager, or related role, in tech transfer projects involving AI/machine learning technologies.
- You have operated in highly experimental contexts, working with teams throughout product discovery processes, rapid prototyping, and data-informed experimentation.
- You have experience using data and analytics for a metrics-driven valuation of products.
- You have hands-on experience in developing a long-term roadmap for a new suite of products.
- You deal well with ambiguity and can distill solutions from a broad problem space.
- You are an excellent communicator and can balance the needs of partners from different disciplines and teams.
- You have experience working with agile development teams.
- You care about learning and trying out new product management techniques.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.