We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to join the User Engagement mission to develop and evolve the suite of products for content programming, distribution and personalisation. Our job is to provide the teams at Spotify with a toolset that allows them to program, personalise, customise and monitor the performance of the programmed content experience across our products and platforms. In short, we are building the CMS of Spotify – a platform that allows us to control all aspects of how our users discover and enjoy content.
Working with a multitude of internal stakeholders, spanning all disciplines within the company, your work will have a huge impact on Spotify’s ability to deliver the right content at the right time to our users.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides.
What you’ll do
- Form educated beliefs, backed by data and research around the content programming and personalisation domain.
- Manage the product vision for the team, set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with a deep understanding of Spotify’s mission and strategies
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a wide range of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organisation to make sure that you and the team drives what’s needed to fulfil the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Work to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
- Manage your own and the team’s availability – given stakeholders across the globe, we sometimes need to join/host meetings outside typical office hours.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a product or project manager in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated-on software applications.
- You are a problem solver who can connect the dots to see the big picture
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You have a proven track record of developing and managing world-class software products, preferably using agile development methodologies.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You’re entrepreneurial and driven, but you’re also a gifted diplomat who can influence cross-functional teams without wielding formal authority.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
- You are persistent and rational in that you put facts above speculation.
- Familiarity with large scale Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
- Domain knowledge of machine learning and music personalisation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.