The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Every day, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
As part of this mission, we’re developing next-generation listening experiences – sessions tailored uniquely to you around your musical memories, your mood, your favourite genres, and more.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to accelerate these efforts and expand upon our existing offerings, in order to attract and retain an ever-broader audience of music and podcast lovers to Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Engage with product, marketing, and user research teams to identify programming needs of fans across the podcast spectrum
- Work closely with our world-class engineering, analytics, and design teams to regularly ship new podcast experiences
- Combine product creativity with thoughtful experimentation and iteration to find the ideas that resonate with users
- Define, monitor, and analyze metrics for launched products, and feed learnings back into the development process
- Define a vision and strategy for innovative podcast recommendation products
- Work collaboratively with the team and stakeholders to develop a roadmap and a coherent product backlog that supports it. Continuously maintain, prioritize and iterate on this backlog.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to a wide range of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees
- Work from our office in Boston, with occasional travel to our New York City and Stockholm offices
Who you are
- You have product management experience in a podcast, talk audio, or news media organization
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate strong user empathy into something tangible that people love
- You’re familiar with iterative development principles and practices, including breaking large product goals into small, achievable slices for early and frequent delivery
- You’re comfortable driving projects from start-to-finish, with a predictable cadence and involving multiple stakeholders from diverse disciplines
- You understand the importance of, and utilize, a facilitative leadership style
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making, and have experience running experiments and interpreting both quantitative and qualitative results
- You possess strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a geographically-distributed team
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.