The Spotify Playback experience is one of our main strengths. Music starts instantly when you play a track in one of our clients. At the heart of that experience is the Playback department, and the Fetch team. The Fetch team cook up the secret sauce that makes sure our users get their audio data when they need it, both online and offline.
Now we are looking for a Product Manager who can take the Fetch team into the future. What can we improve further, what changes do we need to make to adapt to the ever changing world around us, how can we stay ahead of our competitors? You will drive product development in a team of dedicated engineers and work closely with internal Spotify stakeholders to deliver a robust playback foundation for millions of users enjoying Spotify.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Gothenburg, Sweden, where this team resides. Spotify offers relocation packages to those not already based in Gothenburg.
For our international applicants: Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city, located on the west coast just 20 minutes from a world-famous archipelago. Our office is right in the heart of the trendy inner city district and is home to one of Spotify’s most senior and tenured groups of engineers.
What you’ll do
- Articulate, evolve and champion the team’s vision and mission.
- Seek out high value opportunities and position the product such that the business can rapidly take full advantage.
- Lean in to major company initiatives in order to proactively reduce time-to-market while ensuring sustainable development pace and low technical debt.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that you and the team provides for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Collaborate with a team of Product Managers in the Playback department as we continue to evolve our combined product offering.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You have a strong technical background.
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You are passionate about building exceptional and robust experiences that delight users.
- You have demonstrated the ability to lead a team of highly skilled engineers, building credibility and trust across functions.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity and consolidating different needs into coherent action.
- You are structured and pay close attention to details.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
- A passion for Spotify as a product and for our user experience.
- Domain knowledge about HTTP, caching, music industry technology or similar areas.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.