The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for a passionate product manager to join Spotify’s Personalization group. Our goal is to make every listening session more engaging through personalization and discovery.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for building platform capabilities for Spotify’s homepage, the most widely used surface in the Spotify user experience. Currently reaching hundreds of millions of users per month, the Home product area relies on state of the art machine learning and human curation to serve personalized music and podcast recommendations.
As Product Manager, you will work with a cross-functional team from Engineering, Data Science, User Research and Design to define the roadmap for the Home Platform. You will partner with stakeholders across the company, including Personalization teams such as Listening Experiences, Platform teams such as the Experimentation Platform and Programming Platform, and Partner Platform teams such as those that build our in-car experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Define and drive the vision for the Spotify Home Platform. Build a roadmap for the team by understanding user and strategic needs for Home, utilizing data insights and working closely with stakeholders
- Prioritize new features based on user needs, alignment with the company’s short- and long-term goals, and technical platform scalability
- Define metrics and KPIs we will use to measure the success of the features your team builds
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of experience in building and shipping platform products at scale together with teams of designers, engineers and data scientists
- You have delivered projects that have shown proven impact for your business
- You are experienced in making hard data-informed decisions (A/B testing and experimentation, user testing, data analysis, defining metrics)
- You have good instincts but match that with deep analytical thinking and systems-level thinking to focus on the things that matter most and build long-lasting platform products
- You are excited about building products in a rapidly changing landscape and good at sorting out ambiguity
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.