Spotify is building the world’s most personalized music service. As part of this mission, we’re developing next-generation listening experiences — sessions tailored uniquely to you around your musical memories, your mood, your favourite genres, and more.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to accelerate these efforts and expand upon our existing offerings, in order to attract and retain an ever-broader audience of music lovers to Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Engage with product, marketing, and user research teams to identify programming needs of fans across the music spectrum
- Work closely with our world-class engineering, analytics, and design teams to regularly ship new music experiences
- Combine product creativity with thoughtful experimentation and iteration to find the ideas that resonate with users
- Define, monitor, and analyze metrics for launched products, and feed learnings back into the development process
- Work collaboratively with the team and stakeholders to develop a roadmap and a coherent product backlog that supports it. Continuously maintain, prioritize and iterate on this backlog.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to a wide range of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees
- Work from our office in Boston, with occasional travel to our New York City and Stockholm offices
Who you are
- You have experience in a consumer-first technology role, such as product marketing, consumer product management, or user research
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate strong user empathy into something tangible that people love
- You’re familiar with iterative development principles and practices, including breaking large product goals into small, achievable slices for early and frequent delivery
- You’re comfortable driving projects from start-to-finish, with a predictable cadence and involving multiple stakeholders from diverse disciplines
- You understand the importance of, and utilize, a facilitative leadership style
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making, and have experience running experiments and interpreting both quantitative and qualitative results
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a geographically-distributed team
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.