The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
Spotify is building the world’s most personalized music service. As part of this mission, we’re developing next-generation listening experiences – sessions tailored uniquely to you around your musical memories, your mood, your favorite genres, and more.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to accelerate these efforts and expand upon our existing offerings, in order to attract and retain an ever-broader audience of music lovers to Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- Engage with product, marketing, and user research teams to identify programming needs of fans across the music spectrum
- Work closely with our world-class engineering, analytics, and design teams to regularly ship new music experiences
- Combine product creativity with thoughtful experimentation and iteration to find the ideas that resonate with users
- Define, monitor, and analyze metrics for launched products, and feed learnings back into the development process
- Work collaboratively with the team and stakeholders to develop a roadmap and a coherent product backlog that supports it. Continuously maintain, prioritize and iterate on this backlog.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to a wide range of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees
- Work from our office in Boston, with occasional travel to our New York City and Stockholm offices
Who you are
- You have experience in a consumer-first technology role, such as product marketing, consumer product management, or user research
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate strong user empathy into something tangible that people love
- You’re familiar with iterative development principles and practices, including breaking large product goals into small, achievable slices for early and frequent delivery
- You’re comfortable driving projects from start-to-finish, with a predictable cadence and involving multiple stakeholders from diverse disciplines
- You understand the importance of, and utilize, a facilitative leadership style
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making, and have experience running experiments and interpreting both quantitative and qualitative results
- You possess strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a geographically-distributed team
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.