About AnchorWe’re democratizing audio by making it possible for anyone, anywhere, to get their voice heard. Anchor is:
- The biggest podcasting platform in the world. We now power more podcasts than any other platform.
- Powering more than 40% of all new podcasts created in the world
- Growing both podcasters and listeners to record numbers week over week
- Giving ANY podcaster the opportunity to monetize their content
- Loved and adored: see what our users say
We’re an independent division within Spotify, with the power to move fast, plus the resources of the world’s most forward-thinking audio company.Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you’ll do
- Monitor and optimize all high-priority funnels in the Anchor product (including acquisition, onboarding, conversion, and specific features)
- Work directly with our Head of Product and our Product Marketing Manager to build out impactful product improvements designed to drive user acquisition and behaviors
- Work with our data insights team to identify ways we can improve our funnels, and track our performance in useful, straightforward ways that can be communicated to the rest of the team
- Write and maintain optimization-focused product specs based on our aggressive roadmap and goals
- Collaborate with our team of designers and engineers during development, and help ensure that everything we ship is high quality
Who you are
- Empathetic: You deeply understand how people (especially creative people) think, particularly the psychological challenges that can get in the way of creating and how to help people get past them. You can accurately predict how changes will make people feel. You enjoy creating delight. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT BULLET IN THIS WHOLE JOB DESCRIPTION.
- Experienced Product Manager: You have at least 2 years of professional product management experience, preferably at a fast-paced startup or on a very small team. You’re comfortable prioritizing business needs over all other kinds of feedback and requests.
- Optimization Focused: You must have some prior experience working specifically on funnel optimization, ideally for a consumer-facing software product.
- Tech Literate: You’re able to understand complex architectural functionality or user flows, and translate them between technical and non-technical members of the team.
- Have Artistic Sensibility: You have great taste for visual and interaction design. You enjoy artistic pursuits, and have avenues for creative expression.
- Excellent Communicator: You are concise, thorough, and have impeccable grammar. You care about language, and enjoy writing for its own sake. You should probably also be able to convey a sense of humor. We will not consider applications that contain typos.
- Appreciative of Quality: You get very enthusiastic about certain products, and can articulate why they’re incredible. You are excited to build a consumer brand.
- An Audio Enthusiast: You have strong opinions — well informed but loosely held — on podcasting and/or creativity.
- Coachable: You absorb data and feedback easily, adapting and improving quickly.
If you’d like to recommend a friend for this position, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgWe are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.