As a Product Manager for Spotify’s Growth Opportunities team focused on Japan, you will set clear goals and execute on a product roadmap and go-to-market strategy. Your performance as the product lead will be measured by the growth of Spotify’s business in Japan and by your ability to partner closely with a cross-functional and internationally based team.
- Provide local insights – identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats relevant for Spotify’s success in Japan
- Explore, identify and execute on Japan
- Ensure we provider the best user experience and that the Spotify app is locally relevant to Japan
- Partner with the central insights teams to validate key findings with data
- Initiate and drive solutions with Product Managers in Stockholm and New York for identified market specific product requirements and opportunities.
- Frequently travel to Stockholm and New York to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Design and oversee local execution of a continuous testing plan for important end-to-end flows
- Track progress of market specific product improvements and measure impact
- Understand Spotify’s strategic and competitive position in Japan and work to improve it.
Who you are:
- 4+ years in a Product Development role or other relevant experience
- Experienced with product development at a global scale
- Experience with media products, technologies and platforms is strongly desired
- Experience working in startups or successful entrepreneurial adventures and working in a global environment highly desired
- Extensive knowledge of online and mobile business models and consumer technology
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized, hands-on
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-driven, comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous environment
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills in English required
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.