We are looking for a Product Manager to join Spotify’s IT platforms team SHIELD that is responsible for IT platforms internally to Spotify. You will collaborate with a highly skilled team of engineers, security experts, and others in a fast moving, multi-disciplinary environment. Above all, you will play an important role in building the world’s leading IT organisation and IT security at the leading music company.
Shield is responsible for providing reliable IT platforms to teams throughout Spotify. We provide identity management and user access control in addition to managing how software applications are created and deployed in our Internal Services. Our internal systems are mostly served by Linux servers but we also use Windows Servers for certain tasks. We rely heavily on cloud-based services (GCP and AWS) and you will have the opportunity to work with new and interesting technology as well as with some of the best people in the industry.
What you’ll (eventually) do
- Ensure a coherent and compelling overall experience through constant collaboration with your stakeholders ensuring that we are building the right infrastructure and platform solutions
- Define and develop a product strategy including owning the short, medium and long term vision and execution for your team
- Manage the entire product life cycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or product retirement
- Have your finger on the pulse of emerging technologies, and assess their relevance to Spotify and our developers and partake in and discuss the architecture/technical decisions made in the team
- Engage in your team and help them grow. Enable your team to deliver like clockwork with increasing quality
- Clearly communicate the vision, plans, objectives and performance measures and progress against plans to all stakeholders – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience
- Work from our office in Stockholm or New York
- Take on a larger (coaching) ownership to ensure a well functioning overall system architecture between our squads (=teams) within all of IT
Who you are
- You have strong technical understanding in the System Engineering space
- You have been a Product manager or Product owner before and want to continue growing in this space
- You are humble and have a collaborative mindset – “You don’t win unless your team wins”.
- You can prioritize your time and tasks so your deliverables are on time and colleagues can trust that you keep your word
- You are passionate about the agile principles and constantly improving yourself and others
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- You have experience using Linux based systems.
- You are experienced in web-based services (GCP and AWS) .
- You have experience in Identity Lifecycle Management and how to approach that across complex distributed systems.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.