We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to join the User Engagement mission to evolve the suite of products for content curation. Our job is to provide the Editorial teams at Spotify with a toolset that allows them to create, manage, program and monitor the performance of Spotify’s editorial playlists. Working with a multitude of internal stakeholders, spanning all disciplines within the company, your work will have a huge impact on Spotify’s ability to deliver the right content to our users.
What you’ll do
- Form educated beliefs, backed by data and research around the content curation domain
- Manage the product vision for the team, set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with a deep understanding of Spotify’s mission and strategies
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a wide range of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organisation to make sure that you and the team drives what’s needed to fulfil the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Work relentlessly to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
- Manage your own and the team’s availability – given stakeholders across the globe, we sometimes need to join/host meetings outside typical office hours.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a product or project manager in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated-on software applications
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level
- You have a proven track record of developing and managing world-class software products, preferably using agile development methodologies
- You are structured and give close attention to details
- You’re entrepreneurial and driven, but you’re also a gifted diplomat who can influence cross-functional teams without wielding formal authority
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
- You are persistent and rational in that you put facts above speculation
- Familiarity with large scale Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
- Domain knowledge of machine learning and music personalisation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.