Spotify is a global brand, engaging throughout a wide variety of home-grown and partner-built applications to deliver incredible experiences on multiple form-factors.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to level up Spotify’s ability to scale out our branding and amplify our unique visual language across all our consumer products. You will lead a dedicated cross-functional team – including both engineering and design – to deliver the solid foundation upon which all these experiences depend and enable all our products to fully represent our identity. You will be part of a larger product team – each member with their own speciality – working with all aspects of our developer platform to create high-quality experiences everywhere.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides. Spotify offer relocation packages to those not already based in Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Articulate and evolve the Spotify Design Language Systems team’s vision and mission, building strategies and systems which impact all our consumer-facing products.
- Stay on top of the latest design systems thinking, engaging with the wider community and bringing valuable learnings back to the organisation.
- Seek diverse input from a broad set of internal stakeholders to ensure your team is always able to create the most effective solution.
- Evangelise your mission & products at all levels in order to drive meaningful change and deliver measurable impact across the organisation.
- Work with the Engineering Manager & Design Manager to make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders across the organization to make sure that your team provides for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You have experience working with design systems to efficiently scale out a visual identity without disempowering teams iterating on the experience.
- You are familiar with working across platforms and understand the relative merits and constraints of those environments.
- You are excellent at sorting out ambiguity and ensure both engineers, designers and stakeholders have appropriate information and clear direction at all times.
- You understand the importance of the developer experience to maximise impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are structured, and enable those around you to maintain focus on the right things at the right time.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
- A passion for the Spotify as a product and a user experience.
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.