We’re looking for a Product Manager to drive the roadmap and strategic direction of Spotify’s data quality tools. These tools and frameworks are extensively used by research and development teams at Spotify, and their outputs power critical product functionality and important business decisions throughout Spotify
As a Product Manager, you will work alongside a talented group of engineers and designers in order to set a data quality strategy and drive improvements for teams at Spotify that work with data.
This role sits in the Data Infrastructure team within the Platform department. The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with internal research and development teams to better understand their use cases and create a product vision and strategy to meet their needs.
- Understand and create data processing practices that drive high data quality standards.
- Serve as a product evangelist for data quality tools internally and externally (where relevant).
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and data science teams to gather feedback and requirements and better understand the future of the product.
Who you are
- You have experience with data-driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You have experience working with data processing, tools and infrastructure
- You have strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills.
- You are a team player with proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- You have a technical background or gravitate towards problems that are technical in nature
- You crave responsibility but are willing to step back and support your team to achieve success.
- You have an ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
- You love inspiring engineering teams and building partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.