Do you have a passion for creating innovative new products in a research-led environment? Are you excited by the prospect of helping to build the best knowledge graph in the music industry? Would you like to be part of an energetic team working at the cutting edge of machine learning?
Spotify is recruiting a Product Manager for a new suite of crowdsourcing products. You’ll be driving this initiative from scratch, to help us tap into the enormous pool of expertise that resides within our millions of users worldwide. You’ll design and implement tests that help us decide which questions to ask – and when – in order to grow our rapidly expanding knowledge graph. You’ll also manage the process of building consumer-facing products within the Spotify ecosystem, and continually improve them via an ongoing build-measure-learn cycle. Based on the knowledge that you help to develop, you’ll support the release of new products and content experiences for music fans around the world.
What you’ll do
- Produce a long-term roadmap for our new suite of crowdsourcing products.
- Define a series of robust MVPs and A/B tests, based on your expertise in crowdsourcing and/or data collection, to understand how our users will engage with these products.
- Work closely with a technical team to devise innovative solutions to complex problems at massive scale.
- Meet regularly with researchers to innovate on the technological and scientific aspects of crowdsourcing.
- Lead a cross-functional team to deliver with speed and quality.
Who you are
- You know the intricacies of the crowdsourcing domain, and have used this knowledge to deliver great products that you designed to collect the right data.
- You have hands-on experience in developing a long-term roadmap for a new suite of products.
- You care deeply about user experience and enjoy partnering with the design team to build world-class user interfaces.
- You deal well with ambiguity and can distill solutions from a broad problem space.
- You are an excellent communicator and can balance the needs of partners from different disciplines and teams.
- You have experience in crafting product requirements based on user research and data.
- You are experienced with working with agile development teams.
- You care about learning and trying out new product management techniques.
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion, and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands a good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.