We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Product Manager that will join the Creator team – a cross functional group dedicated to helping the creative community thrive. Creator builds features and services for the supply-side of our two-sided marketplace – those focused on helping artists (and their teams), labels and music publishers to better understand, grow, engage and monetize the fans of their content (both on- and off-platform). Spotify as a company is dedicated to creating a platform for creativity that brings creators and fans closer together. We are extending our focus to create new value exchanges with the Podcaster community (and the networks that they work with) and are looking for Product Manager to lead. You’ll be at the center of that mission.
What you’ll do
- Take product ownership of our existing Podcaster analytics product (Shows Portal) and build a roadmap for its continued evolution into a full-featured platform for Podcasters and Podcast Networks
- Join a quickly growing and passion-driven Creator team and become a member of an accomplished and talented group of Product Managers in the New York City office.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and artist teams to develop and spread customer empathy.
- Draw insights and inspiration from user research, trends in the market, and direct feedback from artists to define new strategies.
- Form product hypotheses and adjust course based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Inspire and catalyze squads and stakeholders around the directions you set to bring new products for artists to life.
- Get the best out of those around you by operating as a supportive teammate to engineers, designers and others throughout the agile development process.
Who you are
- You have 5+ yrs experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a Product Manager. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- You have a strong gut based on experience, but take a critical mind even to your own ideas and are ready to prove them wrong.
- You have a burning desire for perfection but take a pragmatic approach to get there.
- If you have experience building insights/analytics products, or you’ve previously worked in the podcasting space – you might be an especially good fit.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.