We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Product Manager to join the Creator Marketplace team – a cross-functional group dedicated to helping artists, labels and publishers grow, engage, monetize and understand their fans. Spotify as a company is committed to building a platform for creativity that brings artists and fans closer together. You’ll be at the center of that mission.
What you’ll do
- Join a quickly-growing and passion-driven Creator team and become a member of an accomplished and talented group of Product Managers in the New York City office.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and artist teams to develop and spread customer empathy.
- Develop a vision and drive forward our core platform, user experience and services to maximize success for artists, managers, labels, publishers by coordinating and gathering requirements from teams within Creator and across Spotify.
- Draw insights and inspiration from user research, trends in the market, and direct feedback from artists, managers, labels and publishers to define new strategies.
- Drive innovation, form product hypotheses and craft iterative roadmaps based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Inspire and catalyze squads and stakeholders around the direction you set to bring new products to life for our customers.
- Get the best out of those around you by operating as a supportive teammate to engineers, designers and others throughout the agile development process.
Who you are
- You have 5+ yrs experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a Product Manager. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have worked on teams focused on infrastructure/platform/design systems/developer productivity.
- You have worked on products for developers (APIs, SDKs, documentation, etc.).
- You are a compelling storyteller, with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- You have a strong gut based on experience, but take a critical mind even to your own ideas and are ready to prove them wrong.
- You have a burning desire for perfection but take a pragmatic approach to get there.
- If you have experience building marketplace products or you’ve previously worked alongside artists – you might be an especially good fit.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.