We are looking for an experienced Product Manager or Senior Product Manager to join our small but growing team. Core Experience is responsible for some of the most central features of the Spotify mobile app, including Playlists and Your Library. We work across both free and premium versions of the product, and the features we launch go out to a global audience of 100+ million listeners. Housed in one of Spotify’s founding offices, we strive to redefine the future of audio consumption even as we work to provide our users with an intuitive, pleasant, and friction-free daily listening experience.
This is an exciting time for us as we grow our product to include a new range of features, leverage machine learning, and revolutionise how listeners connect with their favourite music and podcasts. Our work is very global, and we collaborate closely with teams in Stockholm, London, Boston, and New York. In this role, you would be responsible for setting a vision for your product domain and executing against it at all stages of the product life cycle. You would collaborate with data scientists and user researchers to investigate key hypotheses, work with designers to plan for the optimal user experience, and lead a team of engineers to bring your vision to life.
You must be located in or willing to relocate to Gothenburg, Sweden. For our international applicants: Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city, located on the (best) west coast just 20 minutes from a world-famous archipelago. Our office is right in the heart of the trendy inner city district and is home to one of Spotify’s most senior and tenured groups of engineers.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive vision, strategy and metrics for your product domain
- Understand Spotify’s mission and evangelise your product strategy to interdisciplinary teams across the company
- Build alignment with key stakeholders, from cross-functional partners to directors & VPs
- Collaborate with data scientists and user researchers to optimise our understanding of user behaviours and needs
- Translate quantitative and qualitative insights into actionable product strategy and feature roadmaps
- Balance the concurrent needs for intuitive design, scale, and innovation while proposing and scoping new features
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers, and galvanise the team to follow you
- Work with Engineering Managers to ensure timely and healthy delivery of product updates
- Leverage user feedback in smart and innovative ways to continue iterating on and improving features long after their initial launch
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of product management experience spanning all stages of the product life cycle
- Autonomous and self-starter
- You have a proven track record of achieving strategic goals in innovation-driven and fast-paced environments
- You are passionate about building exceptional products and have familiarity with mobile applications, streaming entertainment services and freemium business models
- You have a technical background (some coding experience is a plus), and you gravitate towards solving problems with technology
- You know how to lead an engineering team to successful execution
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in the pursuit of a key objective
- You have strong quantitative skills and are equally comfortable incorporating qualitative and data-derived insights into your decision-making process
- You have strong leadership, relationship-building and stakeholder management skills
- You are a good communicator and storyteller and can engage many different audiences
- You are expert at managing ambiguity, and excel both at paying attention to detail and at prioritising the big picture
- You approach your work with a collaborative and team-oriented mindset
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.