We are looking for a product manager who’d be passionate to join the Creator mission to evolve the suite of products that acts as our air traffic control for music, videos and podcasts in our catalog. Our job is to provide the rest of the organisation with clear and concise answers to what happened, or is about to happen, to every piece of content we know about, and then let people act on this information as needed.
While our product managers naturally need to excel at stakeholder management, it’s important to stress that your work here will greatly affect a lot of internal teams. You will need to constantly challenge yourself and the team to invest in self-serve capabilities, or you won’t be able to scale your offering to meet the organisation’s need. Being able to always have up to date information about our content, including proactive alerts for things you care about, is key to several internal teams’ success – putting additional emphasis on your ability to prioritise requirements and coordinate dependencies across multiple parallel projects and time zones.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides.
What you’ll do
- Form educated beliefs, backed by data, around the content pipeline domain.
- Articulate and evolve these beliefs, eventually morphing them into the Content Toolbox team’s vision and mission.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organisation to make sure that you and the team drives what’s needed to fulfil the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Work relentlessly to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
- Manage your own and the team’s availability – given stakeholders across the globe, we sometimes need to join/host meetings outside typical office hours.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You have a proven track record of developing and managing world-class software products, preferably using agile development methodologies.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent and rational in that you put facts above speculation.
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
- Excellent data and process modelling skills.
- Background in Big Data, specifically around volume, velocity and veracity.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.